Friday, January 20, 2012

A new addiction!




How many of you have heard of Pinterest? If you like to cook, are crafty, need home
decor/improvement ideas, ideas for your kids, tips on fitness, or just about anything under the sun, then you should check it out! Let's just say that I'm addicted. I'm a pinner. I find so many ideas that I LOVE, and I pin them. I'll likely never get around to trying out half of the things that I pin, but regardless, I pin them.

Recently I tried out one of the ideas I so eagerly pinned. Personalized outlet and switchplate covers. They are really easy. YOU CAN DO IT!


Here's what you need:



And a sheet of Scrapbook paper of your own choosing. The possibilities are endless!


Trace your outlet cover/switchplate on your scrapbook paper, and cut it out. Using a foam brush, coat the face of your plate with a layer of Modpodge, then lay your cut out on the plate. Secure so that it's centered. I let mine dry a few minutes, then coated it with another layer of Modpodge on top. Once dry, you can cut out the middle of the switchplate (I did so using an exacto knife).


Voila! Finished Project!






No comments: