Saturday, July 12, 2008

From the Desk of Amanda Joy

From the Desk of Amanda Joy


Hi everybody! Amanda Joy here. I've been trying out my new keyboard that Ms Heidi brought to me. She heard that I like to help Mommy write emails and posts, and she figured I could use one of my own. I do worry, though, what Mommy will do without me now. I'll have to make sure I still help her from time to time, so that she doesn't feel like I'm neglecting her.

I've become very good at 'typing'. I figured out that the faster I bang my hands on the keys, the more keys I can push in! Mommy hasn't figured this out yet. She still types pretty slow, compared to me. And, would you believe, she only uses one finger on a key at a time! Imagine! I'll have to let her know my secret!

Here are some other tips that I'd like to share with all of you, that I think may help you at work! And, Mommy was so nice to help out with taking photos of me so that I could demonstrate them for you. Hope they help!

#1. No matter what, NEVER look surprised when someone approaches you at your desk. This only gives the impression that you were up to something! (Such as reading all the wonderful things Mommy writes about me, here!)



#2. Try to keep a pleasant look on your face as much as you can. Looking unhappy will just make everyone start talking in very high, silly, voices, and they'll keep asking you what's wrong. Then, they may very well start breaking out into some sort of goofy song, and make goofy faces, to try to make you smile. Save yourself! Just smile from the start!



#3. Always laugh at the Boss's jokes. If you don't, she's likely to sit there with that stinkin' camera for up to 30 minutes!


#4. Always look busy, and learn to entertain yourself when you're bored. Believe me, this will make the big guys really, really happy! It's like you gave them a million bucks! Well, almost! :)


#5. If you feel as though Mr. Sandman is getting ready to pay you a visit, whatever you do, GIVE IN TO THE SLEEP! Sleep is very good for you, and your mood, and if you fall asleep at your desk, the big folk will, after taking a few pictures and video, will rush you off to a nice comfy bed, in a nice dark, quiet room!...... * who's laughing now?

4 comments:

Kelly said...

OMIGOD those are the cutest pics yet!! She just has the BEST facial expressions! Oh - and love your highchair! They didn't have that one out yet when Brady was born. I'm jealous!! ;)

rocknrollmcmama said...

SO FUNNY!!! I love it, and those facial expressions- priceless!

Anonymous said...

So funny and cute! What a ham she is!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweet Amanda Joy,

Looks like you're a girl in control - make sure and tell your Daddy & Mommy that with this computer age stuff, a gal can never start learning about it too early. Luv, Aunt Sandy