Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Is that the sun I see?


Oh it's Amanda! :) Every day, I tell myself how lucky I am that God sent her to me. She certainly lives up to her middle name, for she is truly a Joy. I, too, went through something (when I was pregnant with her) that most parents go through when they are expecting their second child. I was no different, even though she is our third. I worried if I would have enough love for her, as I had for Hannah and Becca. Of course I love her just as much as I love my other girls, and feel so silly to have ever worried about it in the first place. :P So, back to the picture... she woke up at 6am, and laid next to me, chewing on her duckie. She eventually drifted back to sleep, snuggling up with it. I just had to snap a picture!

I'm trying to enjoy the blue sky that I can see outside. Seems like I haven't seen it in quite a while. Both yesterday, and today, have been beautiful! Sadly, tomorrow is supposed to be cloudy, and then T'storms are slated for Friday. Hopefully, all this nonsense weather heads out of here.. for good!

4 comments:

Denise said...

Awwww you look so sweet with your girls. I bet you had a great day with them on Sunday.
As for eating healthy... I'm trying to focus on just that 'healthy eating' rather than try to put us on a diet... and since we've been eating better, Jason has actually lost 12 lbs. I've lost about 6lb since Christmas and am maintaining now. I really just try to eat more veggies and salad with grilled chicken etc for dinner, salad for lunch, and eat a breakfast. I snack on carrots and hummus during the day, but still have the occasional glass of wine and veggie chips!
:)

Anonymous said...

That picture of Amanda sleeping with her ducky is precious. Holly, when you mentioned about being pregnant with your third child, it made me think back to when I was pregnant with Matt. When he was born, it was love at first sight - we've been buds ever since. When a good friend of mine asked me how in the world could she possibly love her second as much as her first? I told her" it's easy, your heart gets bigger". I havae felt that and still going on thirty years since my first child was born feel the same. As "Joy" fits your baby's middle name, "Matthew" means "gift from God". This brings tears to my eyes.

Anonymous said...

So sweet!!! I showed Dan your blog and he can't get over how much Amanda looks like Steve!
All this rain is so depressing-but you obviously have lots of "Joy" in your life!!!

-e said...

She's getting so big so fast!!!