Thursday, April 30, 2015

Whole30 day 1 review

I did it!  I finished my first day on Whole 30!  Honestly, I didn't think I was going to get through it. Don't get me wrong, the food was fine..I enjoyed everything I ate.  However, the way I felt through the day was downright sucky.  I had a lot of hunger pains, though I know I probably really wasn't hungry.  My mind also thought about food ALL DAY.  Then I tortured myself at night by watching "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives"... I don't recommend doing that when you feel like you're starving!  Seeing all this food that I can't eat was torture.  I eventually turned the channel to "My 600 pound life".  This show gives me inspiration.  The challenges that these people face are huge.  If they can do it, I can do it!  

I honestly think the worst part of day 1 was the headache.  I came down with a nagging headache in the evening.  Around dinner time.  I tried to eat a little more protein, as suggested by someone on FB, to see if that would help, but it didn't.  I did end up in bed earlier than normal.  Day 2 I will try to drink more water, and see if it's a hydration issue.  But I do read that the headache is normal :/

I didn't post what I had for dinner last night, so hear it is.  I grilled chicken for the entire family.. naked.  (The chicken, not me.. lol)  I still need to get a handle on the spice thing.  They had mac n cheese w/broccoli, and I tried roasting some sliced sweet potato and zucchini.  Wasn't too bad, but I need more practice on cooking sweet potato!  Also had some banana and pineapple.