Friday, August 29, 2008

Thank You

As many of you know, the last several days have been, well, pretty emotionally draining for us here. My step niece passed away suddenly, committing suicide. It has really been hard for our family to deal with this, and we've been through a lot. Not only to lose such a beautiful light in our lives, but having to also deal with the horrible manner in which she left this world. We buried Rebecca yesterday, and that in itself, was very emotional.

I just wanted to take a minute here to personally thank all of my wonderful friends who have been there, in one way or the other, for me during this time. There are many times in our lives when things get tough, and those are the times when you really know who your true friends are. These are the times when those true friends shine. When they offer you kind words of support, send you supportive emails, as well as phone calls. And there are all the little things that mean the world, as well. Just knowing that you are thinking of us at this time is huge. Thank you so much for blessing me and my family, with your friendship.

xo
Holly

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Holly that brought tears to me eyes! I'm so sorry your family has had to deal with this. You are all in my thughts. Take care.

Jules

Denise said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your niece, sorry too that I might have missed a previous post about this. I had no idea this had happened.
I'm keeping your family in my prayers as you go through this difficult time.
hugs
Denise

Unknown said...

Denise,
I didn't post about it.. it was just way too difficult. I did make mention of it on Facebook, but very brief. No worries.
Thanks for your thoughts.

Kelly said...

Oh Holly....(((hugs))) and more (((hugs))) to you and your entire family. I am thinking of you!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Holly,
I'm so sorry... I can't imagine the pain. You all will be in my prayers.
Patti