Monday, October 28, 2013

Journaling at Disney

I know what you're thinking, "Who has time to journal at Walt Disney World?" I mean, come on! There's already so much to do, and days are jam packed from morning to night, then you collapse in your room, only to get up the next morning and do it all over again. While this may be true, I still feel the need to write down what we did during any given day. After all, you may ride the same rides, or see the same shows, but no two days in Disney are ever the same. I want to make the magic last as long as I can, and if I plan to scrapbook any photos from our trip (which I do plan on doing) then I want to have some memories to go along with the picture! And I know there will be many. All I need is a composition notebook and a pen, or a computer works just as well.

 So given that magical memories can live on forever in one's mind by writing them down, and revisiting them later, I want these memories for my kids to have as well. So I put together a journal for my youngest. She's in Kindergarten, so just learning to read and write. For her, I felt it best to have a leading journal, instead of a total free one. One where she has a mixture of answering questions, and where she can write freely. I found a journal download online, at The Mouse For Less. You can find it HERE. It gave me the bones for the journal, and I made it my own.  Here's what I came up with:



This Daily Details page is printed for each day we are there (of course the date will change), as well as the free journal page and a character list (below).


To house these journal pages, I just bought a simple report folder with pockets.  And decorated with stickers.  I'm going to let my little one put some character stickers on, but here's how it looks so far:


Once we are home, I will likely add a few pages with some of her favorite photos of the trip.  This will be yet another journaling opportunity for her, as I will let her write about each picture.  She can take this to school to share with her class!  Maybe she'll get extra credit :)

So there you have it!  Good luck with your own journal, and don't forget to make it fun! 
Don't forget to share your creations with me!  I'd love to see what you've come up with!

~ Holly








No comments: