Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We have a 4th and a 6th Grader!

Friday was the last day of the school year, and also Hannah's 5th grade graduation. I was probably a bit more nervous than the average 5th grade parent, being that I helped out organizing the entire thing. So the fear of something going wrong was hovering above my head. I could just see the cute banner we made, falling down, crashing onto the teachers heads, who were sitting under it! LOL Or one of the decorative balloons popping in the middle of the ceremony, scaring the crap out of many.. Luckily, none of the above happened, and the ceremony was very nice. I also had the fear that I would cry like a baby! I didn't. I will admit, however, I did get teary many times, but somehow managed to hold it all together. So the tissues I swiped from the main office, never got used. I'm sure they were thankful! Here's a picture of Hannah and Rebecca, on the big day!


After Hannah's graduation, we went to lunch at her favorite restaurant, The Japanese Steak House. Steve's parents joined us, as well as Hannah's friend, Tina and her family. As usual, the food was very good, and filled us up. Hannah received a new cell phone, as a combo Graduation, good grades, birthday present! She spent most of the time at lunch, texting with it! lol



We were set for our, what was to be, long drive to Ocean City. Hannah and Tina were playing in a lax tournament at the beach! Unfortunately, it took us longer to get down there due to Rt. 50 being closed due to some hostage standoff. We had to take an alternate route, which took a bit longer. We were able to make it with enough time to check into the hotel, change, and get to the field for the first game at 7pm. It was a fun weekend, though very busy and HOT! The girls played really well though, and ended up coming in 3rd place. Not too bad for a group of girls who have only had a few practices, and not much experience playing together. They did well. Here's a shot of Hannah in action...(she's in purple)
Saturday was filled with lax games, so there really was no time for the beach. Rebecca, on the other hand, lucked out, for my friend Tammy was down there for the Sand Soccer games, and let Becca hang out with them on the beach all day Saturday. We dropped her off at 11, and didn't see her again until 7pm! She had a blast!!! Thanks Tammy! :) After Hannah's last game on Sunday, we checked out of the hotel, and headed down to the boardwalk for a while. We ate lunch at Dough Roller, then did a little bit of shopping. The girls ended up with henna tattoos! They are quite cute! Hannah is on the left, Rebecca is on the right.














I've decided that the next time we go to the beach, all three of us will get one! :) Amanda Joy was quite interested in what was going on, but we tried to explain to her that she just wasn't quite old enough for a tattoo of any kind, just yet! Maybe next year we can look into the ones applied with water! lol


After our excursion to the boardwalk, we headed back to Heidi's and Rick's condo (well, actually the condo belongs to a friend of theirs, but for the sake of this blog post, it's theirs). The kids all changed into their bathingsuits, doused themselves in suntan lotion, grabbed a boogie board and towel, and headed down to the beach. Finally, the moment Hannah had been waiting for had arrived. She was thrilled! The water was pretty darn cold... too cold for me to swim, but the kids got right in. Ahhh.. I remember the days when the water temp had no affect on me! They had a blast riding in wave after wave, and finding shells on the shore.














On the other hand, Amanda didn't like much about the beach, at all. I tried putting her feet down in the water, and she immediately let out an ear curdling scream! Guess it was a bit too cold for her (Can't say I blame her!). Then I tried just putting her feet in the sand.. Nope! Didn't like that, either. Oh well.. we tried. Maybe in time she'll grow to love the beach like her big sisters!

















Hey, think Amanda's hungry here? LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hannah and Becca!! Great Job on finishing up the year at school. I remember being a lil girl (LONG time ago) and the last day of school was my favorite day of the year - but something also funny? By the time the long summer was coming to an end, my next favorite day of the year was the first day of school to start a new soo I could find out what all my friends had been doing all summer. I guess things never really change - Luv, Aunt Sandy