Friday, January 28, 2011

Another side of blog...

The more I think about my blog, the more I don't want to just write about my weight loss journey. There's also so much more that goes on in my life, that I like having the outlet to write about it here. I don't have many followers just yet, and who knows, maybe I never will have very many. That's okay though. I'd like to include crafts that I do (not many, but from time to time there are a few), and things related to my kids. There's always something that comes up with them. Having 3 girls, ages 13, 11, and 3, you can imagine the range of issues that arise! As a result, I need to come up with a new name for my blog.. any ideas?

Here's my first craft to share. Many years ago, my Mom taught me a very basic part of crocheting.. the chain stitch. Since then, I've taught myself to make basic blankets and scarves. Here's a scarf I made for my youngest daughter.





My current crochet project I'm working on is a continuous scarf. Not sure of the true name of it, but it's one of those scarves that is a circle, and you just wrap it around. Just trying to figure it out right now. Also working on a pattern for a head wrap. Wish me luck!
Yesterday was a tough day on the diet front. Was really hungry! I'm thinking it's due to all the snow shoveling I did in the morning! I tried really hard to stay on track, and did well. Treated myself with some popcorn in the evening!!


1 comment:

Denise said...

I checked your recipe too, it came out as 6pts for the sauce. So if you only have 1/2 cup of brown rice with it that is a total of 9. :)
I changed my weigh in day to Friday, I've lost 2lb this week - super happy :)
Love the scarf, and I think you should include other posts about the girls etc. That's what I do at my daily blog.