Monday, June 2, 2008

So Proud!!!

I'm actually writing this late Monday night, for Tuesday is bound to be a busy day, considering it's Field Day at the girls' school. I didn't volunteer, due to having Amanda in tow, but thought I'd try to stop up there at some point, to snap a few pics of the girls and their friends. Anyway, wasn't sure I'd have much free time tomorrow, so thought I'd get a start on my post tonight.

Today marked the last week of school for the year, and Hannah's last week of Elementary school! I can't believe that she graduates on Friday!!! Tonight, we attended an awards ceremony, in which Hannah received an Academic Award from the Kiwanis Club! Only 4 kids from her school received the award. They scored their applications, and she and a boy from her class tied for first place, with a PERFECT score of 105 points. It was then taken to a tie breaker, in which Hannah won by one vote. For winning first place, she not only received her certificate and medal, but also a $50 Savings Bond! Very cool!!! :) The icing on the cake was that her former principal was there to present the award. It was almost as if everything came full circle. Very moving!!! We are so proud of everything Hannah has accomplished. I tell you, I'm going to be a mess come Friday! I'd better bring along the tissues! LOL I was able to enjoy the ceremony, for Heidi watched Amanda for me. I hate to keep dropping her off at people's houses for these things (she's going to my friend, Kim's on Friday, during Hannah's promotion), but it's so nice to be able to enjoy them w/out worrying if she's going to let loose and scream! LOL

Here are a few other recent pics:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Hannah! And to have Mrs. Leone there :) Amanda looks like she is getting so big. I have a peanut -a mere 12 lbs. Maybe she'll start growing once we feed her food :)