Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Belated Mother's Day


Happy Belated Mother's Day to all of you Mom's out there! I hope you had a wonderful day. We had a lazy morning, which was nice. Close to lunchtime, we headed out to Home Depot for a new lawn mower. I know, I know, not very exciting for Mom's Day, but we really needed a new one! Our old one broke, and the grass was getting pretty long. I'm not much into gifts for myself anyway. I did end up getting some flowers to plan in my pots out front. After Home Depot, we had lunch with Steve's Dad and Donna, at Double T Diner. I was in the mood for breakfast food. I was quite satisfied with my meal. It was such a pretty day out, too. On the way home the clouds were rolling in, so it was a mad dash to get home so that Steve could cut the grass before the rains came. He was able to get the front yard mowed, and I got my plants in the pots, just before the heavens opened up. It hasn't stopped raining yet! This rain, on top of the rain we got last week, has really made for a big mess. In fact, our county opened schools 2 hours late today, due to flooding and power outages. There are several schools that are closed. Here's a look at how much water we're retaining....

My neighbor's backyard.. he just put down a bunch of sod and soil.. it's now floating:

And part of our backyard (there are many sections like this) :

And lastly, my poor neighbor across the street, who just dug up all the grass in his front yard, laid down fresh topsoil, and seeded...


We're all hoping that he didn't lose all his seed! It's just a total mess!

Stay dry!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just finished laying our sod yesterday and now the whole yard is flooded. I guess it will all die and we spent $1000 for nothing :(

Our schools were late today too though some are closed as they have no power and there are nearby roads that aren't passable. Fun huh?

Anonymous said...

Great pic of you and the girls! I can read email but can't respond and just realized I could come on here and leave a comment! We're having a great time! Crazy weather. A tornado hit Sunday night right up the road from here!!!! Last year a hurricane sat off the coast, this year hurricanes! But it's been really nice since Monday other than high winds. Tomorrow thru Friday are supposed to be sunny and 75-77 and low or no wind!!!! We'll finally hit the beach! The heated pool ROCKS!

Anonymous said...

Hey HollyDear,
This is Samantha-Joy. The pics. are so CUTE!!! Amanda is so adorable.