Friday, May 9, 2008

Soaked to the bone!

Man, did we get some rain! Yesterday was a bit dreary, and we were wondering whether or not Hannah's team would have their lax pictures taken, or even have practice for that matter. The rains held out for both (thankfully). By later in the evening, the storms rolled in, bringing downpours, along with thunder and lightening. You know, the type of thunder that is so loud, that you think it's in your backyard.. makes your heart race. The only good thing about it all, was that once the thunder stopped, the sound of the rain was so nice to sleep to. It poured all night though, and all day, today.. with it easing up around mid afternoon.

Steve took the day off today, and did absolutely nothing. I think he really needed a day like that.. to just chill. He's been really busy at work lately, not to mention his recent two week business trip, that really took a lot out of him. The downfall was, with him doing nothing, I was motivated to do the same. After I dropped the girls off at school, I came home and the three of us went back to bed! LOL I haven't done that in a long time! I usually wake up in the morning with the intent of coming home and taking a nap, but it never happens.

So a non productive day led to a fun evening. We went to dinner at our favorite, local Ribs place, with Teresa and Heidi (and families). The food was yummy, but our waiter was, well, a bit idiotic. Let's just say he royally messed up our bill in the end. After dinner, we drove up to Babies R Us to look for a teething blanket for Amanda. Hannah had one that she absolutely loved! It was easy for a young baby to hold. I couldn't find the exact one that Hannah had, but found something really close: So far, she absolutely loves it!!! I also picked up a couple of pacifiers, for she's growing a little bit more interested in them. She's starting the whole screeching thing (for entertainment), and I'm hoping they might help! lol I also found the exersaucer that I want to get for her:
I'm actually surprised that I picked out one that is pink, but for the price, I think it's the best value. So many of them come with tons of bells and whistles, it's almost overkill! I think this one will do just fine. Now we have to wait until our coupons are valid! lol

Tomorrow, depending on the weather, both girls have lax games. Unfortunately, they are both at the exact same time, and on different fields, so Steve and I have to split up. He's going to Rebecca's game, and I'll be going to Hannah's. After her game, Hannah is supposed to go to the zoo with a friend, and Steve was thinking about taking Rebecca to see the movie, IronMan. I'll just come home with Amanda, and chill.. maybe get some housework done.

No comments: