Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Click Clack, Quackity Quack!

Today I put on my brave suit, and took Amanda Joy to the library, for storytime. Let's just say that Amanda isn't the type of child that you can take out in public easily. She's not bad, she's just very spirited, and likes to do things her way. Maybe stubborn and independant is a better description! In addition, she isn't quiet. LOL I figured since this was a storytime for 2 year olds, she wouldn't be the only one to wander around the room, or talk during the story. We met up with Christy and her daughter, Ava, who is a few months older than Amanda. To my surprise, Amanda did REALLY WELL! She stayed by my side the entire time. Seemed to enjoy watching all the other kids, but didn't sing any of the songs herself. Once we were back in the car, however, she started singing, "If you're happy and you know it..." I was pleasantly surprised by her good behavior, and am looking forward to taking her again, next week! She was most proud of the book she got to bring home.. Click Clack, Quackity Quack!

No comments: