Monday, January 24, 2011

Not a great week!

I'm not really sure what happened, or where I went wrong, but I gained 3 pounds!? How does that happen when I'm not eating all the crap I had been eating? The only thing I am holding on to was that it was "that time of the month", and I'm HOPING that my body is still retaining a bit of water from it. It's really hard not to become discouraged. I'm trying to keep in mind that over the course of this journey, I will have many triumphs, and many losses, but I have to keep my head up and keep on going. I WILL fall off the wagon at times (though I really didn't this week), and when that happens, I need to brush myself off and hop back on!

I have been trying to do this w/out writing it all down. So, thinking that could be part of the problem, I will return to my daily notebook, writting everything I eat down in it. I also know that I REALLY need to start doing some sort of exercise, other than basic housework. A friend of mine is going to the gym again in the mornings, and I am considering starting that back up again as well. However, I was going at 5am! I'm not sure that I'll be able to drag myself in there that early again. I may have to try to find time in the evening to make my appearance. I think another challenge for me is drinking water. I don't drink nearly enough (I'm a soda addict). I will be working on that.

I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Do you drink real soda or diet? I am drinking more diet soda now that I ever used to but it feels more like my nightly treat because I don't drink wine much now. I'm sure the gain was cos of water retention. I didn't lose anything this week and I've written it all down at the ww site. I didn't go over my daily pts and yet I still haven't lost anything. I actually gained .2lb!
I'm not giving up, I did a watp 2 mile walk today and did weights yesterday, hoping to do good at the exercise stuff this week and see if that makes a difference.

Unknown said...

I drink diet soda.. can't stand the regular stuff. Too sweet! But I do know that even diet soda can make you bloated, and retain water. I need to seriously cut back, and use them as a snack, instead of a drink.