Thursday, January 27, 2011

Okay, okay!

Okay Denise, guess what! I exercised two days in a row... thanks to Mother Nature dumping a bunch of heavy, icy snow on us! Shoveling is great cardio! My muscles will surely be really sore tomorrow. I also managed to squeeze in a few sets of crunches last night. It's a start! Oh, and also took a walk around the block today, with Rebecca. Felt good!

So I wanted to share this recipe with you all. I tried to figure out the WW Points Plus value for it, and I believe it may be around 11. I know, it's rather on the high side, but if you've got the points left, it's pretty yummy.

Not sure what to call it.. Kind of like a veggie chilli of sorts, and served over brown rice (rice is included in the value. I made mine in the crock pot.. well simmered it.

2 lbs lean ground turkey
1-2 Zucchinni
1-2 yellow squash
1 medium/small sweet onion
2 jars Marinara sauce

Brown turkey in pan on stove. Drain and put in crockpot. Add Marinara Sauce. Sautee veggies in pan and mix into crockpot when ALMOST done. Let simmer for about 45 minutes. Serve over Brown Rice.
Makes about 6 servings (when you cook your rice, cook 6 servings).

Rather simple, but yummy. You can add whatever seasonings you'd like, and add veggies as well.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Good for you... I didn't do any today but I'm off to bed now and will try and do some crunches first. I am to do 20 per night whether I've exercised or not.. it's a start, hopefully I can do more as I keep going.
I'll try and plug your ingredients in to the recipe builder tomorrow, see what I get. I don't think it will be that high unless you're having a ton of rice with it. 1/2 cup of rice is about 3p+
what type of marinara sauce did you use (brand?) was the turkey 93/7?

Unknown said...

The turkey was 93/7, and I don't remember the marinara sauce brand.. was a generic store brand. I did use my WW Plus calculator, and figured out the points.