Monday, July 7, 2008

Turning Over a New Leaf

Many of you know, just before I found out I was pregnant with Amanda Joy, I had lost a bunch of weight. I was feeling really good physically, and was starting to enjoy clothes again! During my pregnancy, I didn't gain too much weight, which thrilled me, and after Amanda was born, seemed to drop the inches pretty quickly. I didn't hang on to that pregnant looking belly that most women carry around for months. However, even with all that good fortune, I still have not gone back down to my pre- pregnancy size. It's getting pretty frustrating for me. I've tried a few times, to diet again, but it's been hard. Nursing seems to increase my appetite. Well, Amanda Joy isn't nursing as much any more, since we've started her on solids, so I figure now is the time!! So, I'm starting off slowly.. not really depriving myself of anything, but limiting my portions, and trying to make smarter choices. Some days are harder than others, that's a given. But, I'm trying!

This evening, I met my friend Tammy, over at Heidi's house. Tammy has signed up for this Power 90 program, and is sharing the fun with us. The three of us got together and did one of the workout tapes. Let me tell you, it kicked my butt! BUT, I feel GREAT! I'm proud of myself for doing it, and it's motivated me to start exercising every day. I've got an exercise bike and an Ab Lounger sitting here in the house, collecting dust. I need to use them. So, I am making a promise to myself, to use each one of them at least once a day. Even if it's only 10 minutes. Every little bit helps, and it's better than nothing! I'll be sure to post my progress :)

Now, on to a cuter topic... Amanda Joy :) Yes, we all know she's cute, but you know I couldn't resist sharing a few pictures of the little angel :)


Yes, I know I'm a goofball, but I had to show off the cute outfit Mommy's friend, Ms. Kim gave me!


Having fun in my exersaucer!


Look what I decided I can do now! :)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Omigod could Amanda Joy BE any cuter?!?! I love the pic of her in her exersaucer!! Her smile is great!

I am also attempting to use my treadmill and weight bench that usually collects dust in my basement!! ;) The summer weather and shorts/tank tops have been very motivating!