Thursday, July 24, 2008

This and That

It's been a while since I've last blogged! We've been busy with a home improvement project, so my computer time has been rather limited lately. That, in addition to Amanda being extremely cranky over the last week. I know it's her teeth trying to push their way in, but let me tell you, I'm ready for them! It's been very hard with her wanting to be with me ALL the time. Last night, I don't think I got a full hour of sleep! She just kept waking up, and just wanted to be soothed. She was a mess yesterday!

So, back to our home improvement project! We've been thinking about replacing most of the carpet in our house with laminate wood flooring. Steve and I bought some flooring at Costco a few days ago, and were able to save a lot of money, using a coupon they had. We installed this flooring in Rebecca's room a couple of years ago, so we were up to the challenge. First up was to be our bedroom, and then Amanda's, since both rooms still had the carpet that was there when we moved in to this house. In the end, we decided to do the livingroom/diningroom instead! So, we crammed everything from the livingroom into the diningroom, and ripped up the carpet! Actually, Hannah helped Steve do this. I WISH I had taken pictures!! I know, I know.. totally UNlike me. Guess we all have our moments, huh? LOL

Steve pretty much installed the new flooring in the livingroom by himself. I was no help to him due to the baby attached to my hip! All that's left in there now, is the trim, which he will be doing tomorrow. Here's a picture of Amanda that I took today.. you can see some of the floor in it. I'll be sure to take a picture once he's finished with the room.
Of course now, we are looking at our windows, thinking we want to redo them. The room looks so big right now, with so little in it, that we don't want to overload it again. We're thinking of simplifying, and that means window treatments too! I'd like to get wood blinds/shades, so as soon as the flooring is done, we'll be looking into that! I think the room will take on an entirely different look. It already looks great!

So I've been thinking lately, about Halloween! LOL I know, Summer isn't even over yet, but I had been taken by these cute little tutus that I've seen online for little girls.. mainly for photo ops, and saw one that would be great for a costume. So, I've decided that Amanda will be a ladybug this Halloween, and I'd make a red/black tutu for her. The girls and I went to the fabric store today, and I bought some tulle. Thought I'd play around, and see if I could manage with the no sew project that I found online. I think I did pretty good for my first time! :)

So tomorrow marks the beginning of the weekend! Hurray :) We've got a pretty busy one planned. The girls and I are heading down to a local beach tomorrow, to spend the day. The girls are mostly excited about looking for sharks teeth. Something they've never done. Not quite sure why we've never gone before.. it's so close! We may go to a local waterpark afterwards, too. Tomorrow, it's working on the flooring, then we're heading over to Heidi's for dinner for a cookout and drinks. Sunday, Hannah has a birthday party, and I'm hoping we'll get the dining room at least started!

I'm sure Monday's post will bring lots of new pictures to share!! Stay tuned! ~ H

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Holly,

Reading you talking about your sweet, darling baby who spends the majoority of her time on your hip, reminds me SO much of Matt at that age. I loved him dearly, even before he was born , but let me tell you, that sweet, darling little boy (now age 20) was a tyrant. He wanted MY attention and to be held constantly by ME and only ME. Poor Rick, I think he was getting a complex or something. You hear about all these wonderful babies who sleep all night from 6 weeks old. I know it was 18 month before Matthew John slept most of the night in his crib. I can even remember telling Rick, when Matt had gotten up for the 5th or 6th time in 2 hours, "Rick, if you don't get up with this baby for awhile, then I cannot be held accountable for my actions"! But thankfully for Matt's sake and survival, as he got toward a year old, things did get better. In addition, Matt was a great toddler - go figure! The floor you and Steve and Hannah are installing looks great. You'll love it - very easy to take care of. Have a nice weekend and keep in touch. Lov, Sandy

Kelly said...

The floor looks great! Amanda Joy is sooooo cute in that tutu!!! She will be the cutest ladybug ever! Have a great weekend and enjoy the beach!