Friday, April 5, 2013

On with the planning!


Above is a photo I found online of Siesta Key, Florida.  Stunning, isn't it?  Now you can see why I was completely open to throwing out everything else and changing plans.  Hannah really wanted to go somewhere tropical so this is pretty much the closest thing I can do. Here's another shot....


I'm hoping that the photos are not 'fixed' to make the beach look better than it is, but I think I'm pretty safe since all of the photos online are pretty consistent.  These pictures ignite many giggles of excitement within me.  I can't wait!

So we've now opened the window to Siesta Key.. we're interested.  We want to go.  Where do we stay?  Once again, I turn to the internet and Google is my savior.  What in the world did people do before the internet?  How did my Dad ever find motels to stay in great locations?  I quickly discover that Siesta Key doesn't have many motels.    Keep in mind that the motel room we had on the books for Treasure Island had a full kitchen included in the room!  A BIG plus for us.. a BIG money saver for us!  I realize that we will have to rent a condo.  This isn't a bad idea, as it gives us more room.  Room that a family of 5 surely needs if we are going to be together for 7 days.  Actually, it's a BRILLIANT idea.  A condo it is!

Hannah had one request, and that was we stay somewhere that she can see the beach from the room.  Beach front is preferred.  After all, if we are going to drive 998 miles, we deserve to stay right on the beach!  Finding a condo to rent in Siesta Key was fairly easy.  They are pretty abundant.  Finding one that's available for our travel dates was more of the challenge.  Adding in the factor of wanting to stay right on the beach, just one more hurdle.  


After numerous searches, inquiries and discussions with the family, we decided on The Jamaica Royale Condominiums.  This place seems like a little slice of paradise, and we were able to snag a condo that is beach front!  Whew!  Check that off the list!  
  


No comments: