Thursday, April 18, 2013

Save that Tin Foil!

At first, I thought I was alone.  I thought that I was the only one who held on to old cookie sheets after they had become disgustingly coated with grime.  Not only do I hold on to them, but I still use them!  Calm down, it's okay.. I line them.  I line them with tinfoil or parchment paper.  Wouldn't dream of using them without doing so.  Yes, they are they are that gross!  Well, not all of them.  But I have a couple of favorite cookie sheets that are just grody. But they are my favorites.  Things just bake that much better on them.

I know what you're thinking... CLEAN THEM!  Well I try.  I've used everything from scrub brushes, to brillo pads, to magic erasers.  I've let them soak in dishsoap.. NOTHING works!  Looking around on Pinterest, as I do almost daily, I came across a stellar idea! The poster claims that this will work on cleaning your pans (nonstick) and cookie sheets.  So I thought I'd give it a try...


Here's my favorite cookie sheet (pre foil)... As you can see, it's a hot mess.  Baked on grime, on top of baked on grime.  I wash it, but it's still sticky. I scrub it, but it's still sticky.  Blech!  Look closely at the bottom of the pan, around the edges.  That's coated with grime.

Still rather skeptical that this little guy will be able to clean what I have tried to clean with so many other products..

I begin to scrub.. note that I did add a little bit of dishsoap on the pan.  In this shot, you can get a better view of the grime...

So here's the cookie sheet when I was finished.  Don't get me wrong, there is still A LOT of staining on this thing, and I will still have to use a liner when I use it.  It's just way too far gone.  HOWEVER, the difference is AMAZING.  That little ball of foil got off the grime!  Just imagine what it would do to a newer cookie sheet.  


Now I need to find a place to store all my leftover foil! :)





No comments: